The Optimism of Youth

Welcome to our blog. Here we will document the work we are doing on compiling our book "The Optimism of Youth" based on Millennium Development Goal No 2 - Universal Primary Education by 2015. We are being supported in this project by Self Help Africa

Do you have a reflection on your primary school days, a poem to share, perhaps a photograph from those days? Our aim is to highlight the importance of primary education and why MDG No 2 is such a vital goal.

All contributions are welcome and can be sent to towards2015@gmail.com

Monday, February 1, 2010

Ellie's work, and her reaction

The start of this year was the start to my Transition Year experience, and I told myself from the beginning I was going to get involved in lots of ways and in lots of different projects.
When I first heard about the Book project, I was immediately interested and knew that I wanted to be a part of it.
A group of enthusiastic TY's got involved and the work got off to a great start. The group had regular meetings and we were joined by some Fifth years also interested in helping out. So far our book is coming along great and we are still contacting people to ask for their contributions.
Eileen, Niamh and I were given the task of contacting a school in Melbourne which we will be doing before our next meeting and are really looking forward to hearing what their input will be.
This project is something I am really proud to put my name to, something I am glad I am involved with. The Millennium Goal to achieve worldwide primary education is amazing and something that is so important, being able to do anything to help even in a small way is something good.
Being involved so far has been really enjoyable and a great experience and I am really looking forward to what the next few weeks will bring and of course to the finished book.

Ellie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment