The Optimism of Youth

Welcome to our blog. Here we will document the work we are doing on compiling our book "The Optimism of Youth" based on Millennium Development Goal No 2 - Universal Primary Education by 2015. We are being supported in this project by Self Help Africa

Do you have a reflection on your primary school days, a poem to share, perhaps a photograph from those days? Our aim is to highlight the importance of primary education and why MDG No 2 is such a vital goal.

All contributions are welcome and can be sent to towards2015@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Some Quotes from Primary School Children.

'I like school because we learn something new everyday' Saoirse Farrelly

'It is good to get an education because when we grow up we can get a job. Ms Geraghty my teacher is kind and helps us with everything we don't understand' Grace Fannin

'Science is kind of fun, except when things go boom in my face' Amy Mc Govern

'I like PE because after being in a classroom for hours its good to run around like a lunatic' Adam Devlin Mc Morrow

'My favouritre thing of all would be if I had a homework machine' Cian Gowran

'I don't know what I would do without school like the poor children in Africa' Adam Keogh

'School is an opportunity to make friends' Eoin O' Dwyer

'The uniform is so people know I'm from Scoil Mochua and when I go on trips if I ever get lost I'll be able to find my classmates' Ellie Gunn

'The children that don't get an education, they don't get half the things that you get' Keenan Stack

'School is important in many ways so it should be a part of every country. School is also a place where people make memories' Ciara Keogh

5th Class, Scoil Mochua, Aghards, Celbridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment